Your Scale Weight can be manipulated through diet alone, for ideal results you want to be looking at achieving a healthy balance between:
As I know and many qualified trainers will tell you, many people don't understand, however, is the importance of mixing:
- Cardio or Aerobic exercise
- Weight Lifting
Aerobic Exercise involves large muscle groups that can be exercised in a rhythmic and continuous manner.
- Running (a lot of people hate this)
- Cross Country Skiing
- Burns up Calories
- Speeds up the metabolism
- Release of Endorphines
- Using Muscles- Fibres become smaller
- Exercise can reduce your risk of Heart Attack and Stroke
- You are more likely to have joint pain or lower back pain if you don't do any exercise
- Exercise helps you feel happier
Whats Stopping YOU?
The average adult needs to do at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise a day, on five or more days a week to gain the health benefits.
Seems a lot!
But you don't need to spend hours at the gym or run marathons its not what were saying here. Were not even saying you have to do the full 30 minutes in one go, you could do:
- 2 x 15 minute bouts
- 3 x 10 minute bouts
Sustain an exercise habit- the easiest way is to incorporate it into your daily routine.
Simple things like:
- Cycle or Walk to work instead of the bus / car this may not be possible so get off a stop early or park a street away (no excuses)
- Use stairs instead of the lift- again if your on the top floor of a 25 floor building or more jump off a few floors below (no excuses)
- Spend more time Gardening or Walking in the park
I know sometimes it can be hard to motivate yourself to be more physically active and it can feel like a chore.
- Start by changing the way you think about regular exercise
- Remind yourself that it will make you feel better (it might not seem it at the time but gradually you'll notice it and others will to)
- It will probably improve the quality and length of your life
- Most importantly it can be FUN