Google+ HEALTH PRODUCTS IN SWANSEA: My mental anguish by Steven Langdon

Friday 22 March 2013

My mental anguish by Steven Langdon



For those of you who regularly read my work over on E-Lites Vouchers you'll know I write mainly about the electronic cigarette industry, but that's not always the case.
See, I came across this opportunity and simply had to contribute a story. A story, that will help someone out there somewhere.

A long time ago, I suffered a bout of depression that would pretty much grip my life and shake it to its core foundation. I had nothing going for me, I had just lost a job and was desperately unhappy at the one that I had, and also had nothing much to look forward to in my personal life with the troubles I had going on at home. My girlfriend had decided she would take a gap year and travel the world, and left me to fend for us - hardly fair given I had to pay a mortgage in a pretty low end job; but she didn’t care much!
It was at this point that I turned to smoking cigarettes far more frequently than just the odd one outside the pub before a night out. I began to rely on them, more and more, and if I didn’t get a nicotine fix I'd begin to get increasingly restless. I realised that all the money that I should have been spending on real problems just as paying the bills etc., was being floundered in increasing quantities. 

It was around about this time that I came across electronic cigarettes; fascinating devices because they proclaimed to save me money at the same time as being healthier. I can tell you this, they worked. I saved lots of money, and cut out tobacco from my life for good (electronic cigarettes only have vapor with liquid nicotine, are legal indoors and contain no tobacco).

I had saved lots of money, was financially better off and healthier, and it was perhaps this fact that affected my mental health too. I had begun to feel positive again.
When my girlfriend came back from traveling, naturally she was skint. She came back and expected to walk back into my life and our house and it was something I wasn't ready for. I tried to make her understand, which she didn’t. we have not spoken since. I had tried to just give myself some space to think, but inadvertently ended up giving myself a new start in life. I had got myself into a position where this conflict, this tension, had boiled over but it ended up being just the trigger I needed. Post this, I have completely recovered my mental balance, and are beginning to enjoy my life once again.

There are many influential people I can think of and situations that have occurred that I can attribute this to but I would have to go back to the confrontation with my returning girlfriend, that was the trigger in me really getting myself together. Sometimes standing up for yourself, and revisiting past demons is what you need to do to overcome a sticky situation that you get yourself into mentally.

<a href="https://plus.google.com/118310026441170432958?rel=author">Steven Langdon</a>



No comments:

Post a Comment